Well, the introduction for this amazing project over at the Kirinn’s (developer) website says it all!
SuperSakura is a free, open-source visual novel engine that can run quite a few old games, mostly published by JAST, one of the first developers in the field. In addition to well-known localised titles, Japanese companies produced lots of fairly good games in the 90’s that were never translated.
And this project is fully written in Free Pascal and uses SDL2. Amazing work! I was happy to hear, the author got started with Free Pascal and SDL2 right here, with these tutorials :-)!
- Project name: SuperSakura
- Author: Kirinn
- Latest version: 0.92 (https://mooncore.eu/ssakura), development (https://gitlab.com/bunnylin/supersakura/)
- First release date: mid-2011 (sources and binary)
- Compiler and SDL version: Free Pascal / Lazarus / SDL2
- License: GNU GPL v3
- Open cource: Yes
- Official website: https://mooncore.eu/ssakura